"Please excuse my dirty house, I know it is a mess. I don't have time to clean right now, I have a bluebird nest." - Cherie Layton

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Addicted to bird-watching!

I've decided that I'm going to create a "bird sanctuary" in my yard for wild birds! I really love wild birds because there's not a lot of commitment involved and I don't think they should be caged up anyhow!  Not to mention, I don't have to clean a cage full of poop and seeds! I can put a feeder and a house in the yard and watch from the couch or my front porch! Easy as that!   They have their space and I have mine! It's perfect!  Of course, I have to create a place they want to come and spend time! So, I'm going to have to add a few things to the yard and that means I need to tell my husband. He's already limited me to 2-3 feeders and 1 birdhouse.  He doesn't want us to look crazy and he definitely doesn't want to be "the guy that's married to the bird lady!"  Soooo, I told my husband:
 
Me:  Hey, ya' knooow....birds need food, and water, and shelter, right?
 
Husband:  Yeah, and why do we have to provide for them? We have kids and we have each other! We have a family!
 
Me: Yes, but we just do! It's nature! They're God's creatures! 
Now, STHU...I want a bird bath!
 
Husband: (Shakes his head and smiles at me....
because he loves me!)
 
Me:  "SAY HELLO TO OUR LITTLE BIRD SANCTUARY!!!

(We got a bird bath!!)
 
I encourage you to put a feeder up and just watch the birds that show up! Be sure to post on my blog - I'd love to hear all about it! 
 
I'm a BIRD NERD!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been looking for a new hobby and wayla, there you are. Enjoyed reading your blog. I used to feed the birds but when we got chickens I had to give that up. We are “chicken free” now and I am starting to get back into this again. Thanks for your blog!

Linda Thomas said...

I wish for the great of success in all of our destiny endeavors