"Please excuse my dirty house, I know it is a mess. I don't have time to clean right now, I have a bluebird nest." - Cherie Layton

Thursday, September 1, 2016

Hummingbird watch


Last Sunday, the temps were only in the 80's so I was able to get out and do some bird watching! My newest loves are my hummingbirds! They were very active today so I sat outside and snapped a few pics. I've only spotted three frequent hummers. But, we have one hummingbird that perches in our tree and is either playing with the other two hummers or is running them off! I haven't figured it out yet. He/she seems very territorial. It's been here for the past week just sitting up in this one tree and guarding the yard. He's a cutie too! I think I need to name him since he's becoming a regular. Here are a few pics of him/her.





Since falling in love with these lil birds, I've also started reading a new book called "Fastest Things on Wings: Rescuing Hummingbirds in Hollywood" by Terry Masear. She nurses injured hummingbirds back to health. It's a charming read and I was hooked from the first chapter.


If you love hummingbirds then you need to read this book! It's very good!

No comments: