"Please excuse my dirty house, I know it is a mess. I don't have time to clean right now, I have a bluebird nest." - Cherie Layton

Friday, January 12, 2018

Snow Day in Memphis

This morning, Memphis woke up to freezing rain and by mid-morning it was snowing.  The sleet was dreary but the snow was beautiful!  I always like at least one good snow day every year.  My favorite snow days are when you wake up to a blanket of snow. 

When I woke up this morning, there was freezing rain and I thought "I can make it to work".... but, after I got ready, made my coffee, and went out to my car.....it was a block of ice! I defrosted and headed out but didn't make it far before my tires started spinning on the ice! I thought...."I'm not getting out in this mess!"  The news said it was going to continue for several hours and then start snowing. Yep, that sounds like a traffic mess to me!

By this time, it started getting light outside and I heard the chirping! I went outside to make sure all the feeders were full and then the feeding frenzy began!  There were birds everywhere! I think my yard is like a "Cracker Barrel" for birds! I grabbed my camera and started snapping pictures. I'll just share a few. The brightness of the snow makes their feather seem more brilliant. I just love "snow bird" pics!








No comments: