"Please excuse my dirty house, I know it is a mess. I don't have time to clean right now, I have a bluebird nest." - Cherie Layton

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Attention: We have new birds!

I apologize...it's been over a week since my last blog post and that's not good! So much has been happening that by the time I sit down to write....I fall asleep!  But, I'm going to stay awake tonight because I need to share some fun stuff! 

I'm going to start with the reason that I started my blog.....BIRDS!  We've had several new birds at our feeders! One being a Red-bellied Woodpecker! This guy showed up on Saturday and we went nuts! He is beautiful! At first, I thought he was a Downy Woodpecker but he had too much red on his head, which might make you think he's a Redheaded Woodpecker.  However, I googled him and it turns out he's a red-bellied woodpecker! Eventhough, the red is on his head! 



On Monday, we had two blue jays! This is the first time that we've seen a blue jay! I have heard that blue jays can be bullies so, I plan on keeping an eye on these guys! I don't want them running off my Cardinals! We have had several black birds and my husband has requested a pellet gun for them! They aren't very nice birds and they eat all of the seed! But we still love having them! They just need to learn to share! 

Blue Jay


We also had an Indigo Bunting! I had to look him up because I've never seen this bird before! He seems almost like an exotic bird! We were excited to get such an awesome picture of him! Just beautiful! We're so glad he stopped by! 

Indigo Bunting

I mustn't forget to thank my husband for most of the awesome pics! He never hesitates to grab the camera and snap away and somehow his pics always come out better than mine! 



The next bit of news that I have is....I got my first Etsy sale!  Woohoo!! I'm so overjoyed! It's a wonderful feeling to know that someone somewhere found your product amongst all the hundreds of listings and they liked it enough to buy it! I immediately thanked the buyer and told her that I'd mail it out right away! That night, I wrapped it very nicely and wrote a 'thank you' note to include in the package. I couldn't stop talking about my first Etsy sale to my family! I've had lots of compliments on my feeders and I've sold several but, to sell one online to a total stranger means that people really do like my feeders!  I really wasn't sure what to expect when I opened my first Etsy shop but, the more I read and learn about Etsy, I think it's a wonderful thing! The funny thing about getting your first Etsy sale is that it makes you hungry for the next sale! I really want to thank my first buyer for giving me a new inspiration and a shot of confidence in what I'm doing!

The last bit of news is...we are getting ready to be at Overton Park for "The Day of Merrymaking" festival! Hopefully, the weather will cooperate and it'll be a fun day in the park! We are excited! If you're in the Memphis area - come see us at the festival!


No comments: