"Please excuse my dirty house, I know it is a mess. I don't have time to clean right now, I have a bluebird nest." - Cherie Layton

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Memorial Day Weekend


First, I'd like to salute the men and women who served to protect our country. Thank you to those who made the ultimate sacrifice, and the families who live with their loss. 


We must remember how much freedom cost, and we must be thankful.


My son, Alex, took this pic of a
Bald Eagle  at the Memphis Zoo.

🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻

This Memorial Day weekend, I've spent some time working on new bird feeders. I'm excited to be restocking my Etsy shop! I'm hoping to have new feeders posted by the end of the week. So, check my Etsy shop by clicking the link in the sidebar. I think they look pretty in the yard and they make for sweet gifts. 
  



New bird feeders coming soon!





🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻

Even though we haven't made any hummingbird feeders...I love hummingbirds!  Today, I mixed my own nectar and filled my hummingbird feeders. (I actually added two hummingbird feeders to the yard....shhh, my husband hasn't noticed yet.)  I've read that the nectar with the red food coloring isn't very good for them. So, I'm trying a recipe that I got from a friend (Valerie S.). I mixed an equal amount of sugar and hot water and filled my feeders. Valerie makes her own nectar and her yard is filled with hummers! I've only seen a couple of hummingbirds so far this year but, I'm hoping my new mix will bring a lot more! 


New nectar mixture in feeder.



🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻🔻


After I finished refilling the hummingbird feeders, I was about to take a break when my husband said the yard is full of birds. He took some pics of this handsome woodpecker and a few Cardinals. It was a very busy day in the yard! It was a great day!

Downy Woodpecker





Female Cardinal (left), Male Cardinal (top), Downy Woodpecker (right)



No comments: